Friday, December 12, 2008

UBTA Direct Member of the Year

I'm really excited. Yesterday we had the UBTA Annual Holiday Luncheon. It's our last meeting of the year and it's about prize raffles and recognition.

Last year when I went to the UBTA holiday party they gave an award for the Direct Member of the Year. Membership in the UBTA is broken down in to two main categories, Direct members are "buyers" of travel services, and Allied members are "sellers" of travel services (like rental car vendors, hotels, airlines, etc).

Anyway, when I saw them give the award last year I decided I wanted to be the kind of member in the UBTA that would get that award. Deep down that should probably read, "I wanted the award."

Guess what...














I received the award and recognition as the UBTA 2008 Direct Member of the Year. I was very surprised and honored that the board had voted for me to get the award. This is even the 2007 - 2008 board that did the voting (not the 2009 - 2010 board that I'm on).

2 comments:

Marie said...

Congratulations, sweetie! I'm glad that you're the kind of person that other people can depend on to chip in and participate cheerfully. That's one of the things I love about you at home too!

Lindsay Duerden said...

Congrats! I would have told you on Friday or Saturday or when we watched the movie but I didn't know. That's really great.

~Linds

P.S. It's good to see you bogging Nate! Do you think we can get Warren to blog now?